Did you know…
- An estimated 40 million Americans experience speech, language, and/or hearing disorders.
- The second most common reason for special education services in public schools is speech/language impairment.
- 36 million American adults report some degree of hearing loss.
- 1 in 5 kids age 12-19 suffers from hearing loss.
- Communication disorders cost the U.S. approximately $180 billion annually.
- 8-9% of young children suffer from speech/sounds disorders.
Early intervention is crucial to the successful development of communication skills. Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center offers help for those with problems hearing, speaking, reading, or writing. If you have concerns about your child’s speech, language, literacy or learning skills, schedule an appointment for an evaluation today.